Thursday 17 March 2011

Mexican Food and Clean Laundry Make for a Great Day!

Enzed,Forest Gimp and I made it into Dick's Creek Gap around noon today after three incredible days together! The first was rainy, but we were the first into the shelter at 2 and spent the rest of the day curled in our sleeping bags. The next two days were beautiful and productive (15 miles in one!). Today we beat a number of people into Hiawasee, but the inn was full, so we headed down to a motel before pigging out on a Mexican dinner.
There are awesome people out here. I know Enzed (from New Zealand, 'N Z' with a New Zealand accent) and Forest Gimp (from Texas who fell on day one) best. Boomer, Peregrine and Comanche are a couple more regulars along with K-3 and Chris. I met Black Thunder and Wild Card just as we got into town today, both of whom are from Raleigh!
Tomorrow starts a 3.5 day drag to Franklin for my first 'near-o' day (an almost zero day). So far this is a great trip, and I hope some of you can join me over the coming weeks!

"Now shall I walk or shall I ride? 'Ride' Pleasure said; 'Walk' Joy replied." W. H. Davies

1 comment:

  1. you ate at monte alban's! i went to school at Young Harris before transferring to Brevard. great area with some tough hiking. glad you're having a great time! buena suerte! Liz :)

    ReplyDelete